Our church family practice the habit of discipleship in accountability. Our d-group’s now called a D12 because we’ve grown into being d-group leaders, too. This is our 2nd December being a D12 and here’s how the celebration went :D
The group started the day with the 1st Sunday service at 9am and had lunch and talk at ate Arianne’s home. While those were happening, I was with the family at my grandmother’s home :) By God’s grace, we got home early, ate Arianne and the group picked me up at home around 5pm. They got to see Gabe!
We went to the 14 Four Cafe for an outdoor movie experience. It was a project by GCF East to help the Yolanda victims :) The pictures below aren’t enough to show how pretty the place was. Perfectly set for an outdoor movie event. The owners and staff did great with the place.
I’ve seen the movie (Pitch Perfect) the girls were watching so I kept myself busy over food :D Took me a long time of waiting and glad the food eventually arrived. I had a basket of nachos, 2 bowls of Mac & Cheese, a big burger, and a tall cup of lemonade. The wait made me starve more :)) Eating all those means having to sit down, too. I ended up LOL-ing again over Fat Amy and the Trouble Makers. Haha
Right after the movie was our trip to the BGC. We went there to pick up one of our sisters :) It’s cool to have all 7 of us in one meeting! We hoped for this and God is good to grant us a night for it ♥
What we were most blessed with at The Cab was the 1 guy serving there. He stayed with us till around 11:30pm. He saw that we were catching up, sharing praise reports, and more. Praise God for kind servants! I really hope he’s a consistently diligent man and may God reward him for it :) He was all smiles throughout our stay there.
By God’s grace, while the 7 of us were there, we got to talk and be enlightened. Laughter and lessons. It’s another beautiful year ♥ The Lord Jesus is so generous to allow me to see the blessings of this year through another blessing (that evening). Praise God for discipleship and Christ-centered leaders!
My take home lesson from that night was just 1: obedience to God. With everything that happened to their lives and mine, what helps us best is obedience to God. The little things matter and any amount of compromise will not help us. It speaks loud for my walk with the Lord Jesus and I’m blessed to always be reminded of how much God desires for me to be holy and that the Lord Jesus is enough to make that happen :’)
For 2014, we continue to walk with our discipleship group’s verse:
Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. (Daniel 12:3 NASB)
THE LORD JESUS ALWAYS MAKES THE DIFFERENCE ♥ Our Redeemer lives!
From the Book of Deuteronomy 11 :)
18 So commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these words of mine. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. 19 Teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. 20 Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, 21 so that as long as the sky remains above the earth, you and your children may flourish in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors. 22 “Be careful to obey all these commands I am giving you. Show love to the Lord your God by walking in his ways and holding tightly to him.
Dear parents/guardians, I pray we all take this to heart up to our priorities. Look into God’s Word today, take notes, and walk by faith. God bless your home :)
Being around a brilliant and loving toddler is amazing but still quite shocking even if this happens everyday!
While watching F1 racing…
GABE: Mom, is that you driving?
*He knows I love race cars that much. Hahaha
While wiping donuts off of his face…
GABE: Am I a kuya or not?
Me: Not yet
GABE: Not yet? Can you make me a kuya? … Can you not?
Me: God can make you a kuya … You pray about it, you can.
GABE: I pray about it now?
Haha. God is cool to allow Gabe to bless my heart in joyful ways :) Please pray for Gabe’s heart, too. May Gabe seek God as his #1 above all, then he will be satisfied whether God grants us a bigger family or not. The Lord Jesus is the joy of life! Wonderful Sunday
Of all the cries, I can relate to their cry for food. I have been hungry and I can imagine their strong need for food after an exhausting tragedy and days of hunger. May each place in need receive all that they need.
What humbled me, floored and fascinated, are the people who cried apologizing — apologizing for the lives lost while they were with them. Being in so much hunger, emotional pain, they remained expressive of their love through seeking forgiveness for something that isn’t really their fault. Lord God, it is touching how You have raised the Filipino to respond that way. I can’t forget their words.
My discipler advised us years ago to write our own list of non-negotiables when it comes to our dream man. She was able to be clear with why it’s helpful, how it’s done, and what to do after making one. I didn’t see it necessary back then because I had no plans of dating. But being in the 20s means a lot of things going on. Dating is a reality that I can’t avoid and must properly prepare for. I can choose not to date again but it doesn’t mean that it cleans my heart up easily. I still need to stay guarded, be honest to God, submissive to His holiness, and obedient to His will for my life. These are just some of the reasons why I now see this list necessary.
The Husband List: 12 Non-Negotiables by Kristen Dalton Wolfe encouraged me. My discipler sent the link to us and it’s clearly what this season needs. By God’s grace, I found in His Word a basis for me to actually do this. From the Book of Psalms…
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. (Psalm 37:23)
I praise God for His unfailing love that leads and constrains us when we look to Him for direction. With all of my heart’s questions and dreams, I’m comforted by the fact that the Lord delights in every detail of my life. Through prayer and alone time, I got to come up with the non-negotiables for me. In my journal were just 10 but when I prayed more and thought it through, I also have around 12. Here are the important qualities I look for in a man who hopes to be with me :)
1) He must be strong in the Lord Jesus. This means being certain of what he believes and follows. He has to display his certainty of who God is to him. He has to radiate confidence in who he is to God.
2) He must be a walking, living testimony of a man’s love for God. A man after God’s own heart is someone who makes time to go to church regularly — to attend worship, hear His Word, and be accountable through fellowship. A man who prioritizes His walk to know the God more, displaying an on-going sanctification that he goes through for the love of the Lord Jesus.
3) He must have a great and influential concern for ALL relatives esp. his own parents. This means being a model of obedience to honor the authority of his parents. Plus being an example of kindness to each family member as a habit of support and respect.
4) He must have a burden for leadership. A man who is willing to serve society through the wisdom God gives and wants us to use. A man with a heart for the nation’s growth and excellence. Someone who understands what he is called to do at home, at work, and wherever God takes him.
5) He must have a heart for infants, children and preteens. As a partner and leader, he needs to have a calling for God’s work through and for the young ones. A man who is energized by caring for kids like they are his own, able to share God’s love intentionally.
6) He must be consistent and at peace with his career. This means being truly obedient of God’s leading and standards when it comes to work.
7) He must be an example of fruitful financial independence and generosity. This will show that he can provide for himself, share to others, and stand for his own family. A man who handles money with Christ-like integrity.
8) He must be well with words. By this I mean several things. First, he must be a very good listener (as I love to talk) for him to understand whatever it is I express in short or long sentences. Second is he must also be eloquent enough to silence me, enlighten me, or rebuke me when necessary. He must be so well with words that he is the kind of man who keeps his word, tells the truth, uses only words that are edifying, honors the words of others, speaks up to protect/present me, and oh so well with words that he knows when to be silent. Last and most important, he must be well with words to a wonderful point that he can boldly express any message of God through writing and public speaking.
9) He must be someone who finds joy in making time to be with me for anything at all. Without the joy of wanting to be with me for ministry work, a walk, the movies, dinner, or anything that seems to be less exciting is a big sign that we are not for each other.
10) He must have a sense of adventure that is aligned to God’s commands. I would like to serve, love a man who is not afraid of the seasons that are brought through surprises and are placed out of our comfort zone. He must willing to go go glorify :)
11) He and I must have these little but strong common interests: discipleship, books, politics, sports, movies, fashion, music, and public relations.
12) Physically, my ideal man must be a lot taller than me. He should be fit and with a neat set of teeth. Must have tidy toes. He must also have a quite reserved but sincere smile.
By the grace of God, I’ve grown AND with still a lot to learn. Making this revealed the unholy and holy in my heart. It’s a wonderful thing God’s grace can change us as we look through God’s Word and give our hearts to Him :’) I was able to remove the self-centered “must have” and stick to what will honor God’s will — to protect me with a man’s task according to 1 Peter 3:7.
Right now, I’m a bit worried but waiting is where I’m at peace. I’ve read Emotional Purity and it’s one of the books I thank God for. As a lady, it’s best for me to wait for God’s Best to come and claim me before God than be with random “good” romantic relationships and mess up their vision on God’s plan for them. I’d rather be still, hope and find security in the truth that the Lord Jesus is truly more than enough :)
SINGLES, I encourage you to have your own list through solitude with God. Please talk to a Christian elder about this (you can also ask me here). Do keep in mind the truth that romantic love is NOT the best of love. God is LOVE and having Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior is the way to experience love at its finest, fullness :)
MARRIED FRIENDS, praise God for where you are right now and look forward to what God has in store for your marriage. Look ahead! Have a vision for your spouse according to God’s vision. Here’s a really detailed message that speaks to husbands and wives: Intimacy with God Refines Vision.
Please pray for me and don’t forget to pray for your heart, too.
Wherever you are, God can meet you there. Pray today ❤
Have a wonderful weekend :)